Pageviews last month

Saturday, June 18, 2011

My firstime @barre 3

The barre 3 Studio @ THE SPA FORT
oK to start my FT blog up today I decided to do something new and different... EXCERCISE... yes this is new and different for me because I am, unfortunately, used to laying down in my coach/ bed/ sofa and getting lost in the ocean they call the net, surfing from one site to another. EXERCISE...umm yesss.. I think I did. Going through the list of workout routines, fads, followings and cults, I decided to try BARRE 3 a the SPA Fort as a firstimer (FTer). Boy was I in for one hell of a work out ride.

Routines done in a ballet inspired bar @ barre 3
The perks of being a FTer at barre 3 is to have it for free (remember only when your an FTer), which I did to my delight as each session would lighten your pocket by Php700. There are, however packages that would bring this down to about Php500. A pretty good deal with the facilities, training equipment and somewhat individualized lessons you get during the 60 minute session. Now for the meatier review... how I did. The routine was a mix of yoga, Pilates, strength/core training... tension... a lot of sweat... an almost fainting episode (as I said, this site is for firstime experiences and this was the first time in about 5 years I tried to workout in a studio again!) and viola a 20 pound lighter me-how I wish! But seriously, doing the barre 3 regimen was very challenging. I was only 10 min into the warm up and I had beads of sweat dripping already. To think that we were doing small pulses and steps less than 10 reps each! I felt so pathetic! Midway through the lesson I felt a bit woozy maybe due to my breathing or because I was just caught off guard by my the increase in my heart rate--which is a rare occurrence these days, except for the times when I get to see an occasional hottie strolling along the mall ;) Anyhoo, back to business. Where were we...ah yes woozyness! So I decided to sit some routines out till I felt better and then continued on to doing the cool down routine which I really liked. During the whole time Mel, our instructor, would adjust our posture, remind us on how to engage our "core" and give us tips on how to challenge ourselves further with each move. All-in-all I say for an FTer barre 3 may prove to a quite demanding. Will I come back for more? Maybe...I need to first erase my embarrassing woozy/ fainting spell moment from my mind... maybe yes. I hear that there's a barre3 FOUNDATIONS class that has a slower pace than traditional barre3 classes but equally challenging (4:15pm every Wednesday @ The Fort Studio). I might look into this category instead... well, this is a firstime experience blog anyhoo so my next workout experience might just be something of a surprise, even for me... on to the next challenge then... see ya!

3 comments: